27 August 2008

How: Ways to Donate

I am hoping a wide variety of people are able to donate to this cause. Maybe some people who don't even know me will want to shell out some cash. But how will they know that what they give to me, a stranger, will eventually make its way to CPT? Well, I'm giving y'all several choices for donating. Bear with me here.

OPTION 1: DONATE WITH PAYPAL DIRECTLY TO ME

Online donations are pretty popular due to their simplicity, so I want to give people that option. With PayPal, you would be sending me the money. At the end of my trip, I will be forwarding all the money collected to CPT.

With each donation you make, PayPal charges a transaction fee of 2.9% of your donation plus a fixed $0.30.

If you are interested in CPT receiving from you a "convenient" amount of money (with respect to our base 10 counting system) but hate math*, use the following conversion table:




To donate with PayPal, click on the "Donate" button below. This will take you to PayPal's website.





Note: If you don't have a PayPal account, look to the bottom left on that page to where it says, "Don't have a PayPal account?"

*Speaking of math, I actually had to look up the integral and derivative of ln(x) with respect to x this past week, because I couldn't remember them. I have a bachelor's degree in math and a master's degree in engineering. Oops.

OPTION 2: DONATE WITH FIRSTGIVING DIRECTLY TO CPT

Want to make an online donation without it going through me, a stranger? Then visit my Firstgiving page. Here, you bypass me and can rest assured your donation is making it to CPT.

With each donation you make, Firstgiving charges a transaction fee of 7.5% of your donation.

To donate with Firstgiving, visit the website below.

UPDATE: Because Firstgiving charges 7.5% of the donation, I don't really want people using this option anymore. The only people that have used it thus far are people I know (???). So use one of the other two options. If you are still afraid of me stealing the money, mail me a check, as only CPT can take that (unless I legally change my name to "Christian Peacemaker Teams").

OPTION 3: WRITE A CHECK TO CPT

For those of you who don't want to use the internet to send money, there is always the option of sending a paper check via the United States Postal Service. This has the advantage of no one taking any percentage out; all money you give will be received by CPT. If you would like to do this, please make your check payable to Christian Peacemaker Teams and send your donations to the following address:

Coast to Coast for CPT
c/o Adam Cz
1340 W Winnemac Ave
Apt 3E
Chicago, IL 60640
United States of America



Let me know if you have any questions by sending me an email (to avoid bots finding my email address, I am doing a slight change to it that I hope you can figure out): adamcz /dot/ com /at/ /gmail/

Thank you so much for donating! This should be an exciting trip.
Adam

No comments: